What to Bring
Traveling to a destination you may have never been before can be exciting but also nerve-racking considering you are unsure of what necessary items you need to prepare yourself with.
NO matter where you are headed, there are items that we recommend you always have with you. These are essential to any yacht charter and there may be some items mentioned, that otherwise, you may have overlooked to pack.
Essentials for Yacht Charter
- Preference Sheet – Prior to booking your charter, you are asked to fill out a preference sheet. This is designed to ensure that your captain and crew are aware of what type of charter they are catering to. This sheet contains details of your likes and dislikes, and your do’s and don’ts. Some of the questions on your sheet includes: Food and beverage preferences, private or interactive charter, air conditioning (be sure you are aware of how often the A/C can be ran prior to boarding the yacht,) anchorage or marina tie up, water sports, medical requirements or any other additional requests you may have for your team.
- Charter Agreement
- Passports / necessary visas or other documentations – also, photo copies of each
- Photo copy of credit cards (front and back)
- Sun protective lotions, clothing, hats
- Protective eye glasses / sun glasses
- Socks for walking aboard – typically shoes are not allowed
- Cameras, iPhone, iPad, Kindle, Cell Phone – Any tech device you would like to have, keep the stressful E-mails at home, however!
- Local cash currency
- Purses / Wallets – no credit cards
- Contact info of Captain and crew and anyone else necessary
If on a bareboat charter:
- Motor or sailing competence certificate
- Any other documentation required
**DO NOT pack expensive Jewelry or any other valuable pieces!**